Anti-wrinkle injections are used to reduce lines and wrinkles that form in the upper face. As we age, changes occur and 'dynamic' lines begin to appear around the eyes when we smile or frown and can occur on the forehead. These lines appear as various muscles in the face contract to form different expressions. In time the expression lines begin to linger and form deeper lines, leading them to remain even when your face is at rest (known as 'static lines').
What To Expect
- Anti-wrinkle injections use a purified protein that relaxes wrinkle-causing muscles creating a refreshed look.
- Treatment areas include crow's feet, glabellar lines and forehead lines.
- Treatments are quick and simple. The treatment generally takes 15 minutes.
- During the treatment, small amounts of purified protein are injected into specific muscles with a very fine needle.
- Typically pain is minimal and brief. No anaesthetic is required and you can resume normal activity immediately.
- You will begin to see results within 2-3 days with full results visible from 10-14 days.
The effect of anti-wrinkle treatments can last up to four months with lines beginning to form gradually. With regular anti-wrinkle treatments you may not only improve the longevity of your treatment but may also help to reduce the static wrinkles that are present at rest.
Anti-wrinkle injections are used to enhance and refresh your looks. Treatments will only relax muscles beneath the facial lines at the point of injection, so other elements of facial expression remain active. If you choose not to have further anti-wrinkle injections your muscles will eventually return to normal activity and facial lines will revert to pre-treatment levels.
Possible Side Effects
Treating upper facial lines, the doses of the purified protein are small. In most cases, any side effects are temporary and limited to the point of injection. Possible side effects include pain, burning/stinging, bruising, swelling or redness at injection site, local muscle weakness including brow or eyelid drooping, skin tightness, tingling or headache.
Making An Appointment
Our aesthetic nurse is experienced and trained to administer anti-wrinkle injections. No referral is needed. Please contact us to arrange a consultation with our nurse regarding aging concerns and anti-wrinkle treatments. Appointment availability is usually within a week to a month.
Glabellar (frown lines) - $300
Forehead & Glabellar - $410
Crow's feet - $280
Full upper face - $675