Dr Rod Gillespie
Dr Rod Gillespie graduated in medicine from Sydney University. He completed his undergraduate training at Royal North Shore Hospital and worked in general practice in Sydney before commencing post graduate training in dermatology at Royal Newcastle Hospital. He has since worked in private practice in Newcastle as well as recently opening a practice in Chatswood.
Dr Gillespie is a fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists, a member of The American Academy of Dermatology and the Australian Medical Association.
Dr Gillespie is committed to continuing medical education by his attendance at local and overseas medical conferences and participation in regular clinical and scientific meetings.
Clinical Appointments include:
- Visiting Medical Officer, John Hunter Hospital
- Head of Dermatology Department, John Hunter Hospital (2001 – 2004)
- Director of Registrar training, John Hunter Hospital
- Conjoint lecturer in Dermatology, University of Newcastle
Clinical Interests Include:
- All aspects of skin disease and skin cancer management
- Skin cancer surgery
- Inflammatory and infectious skin conditions including acne, eczema and psoriasis
Dr Gillespie is married with two children. Outside medicine his interests include music, literature, travel, film and rugby.
|Ange our medical and aesthetic nurse assists Dr Gillespie with procedures and administers aesthetic treatments. Ange speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Appointment availability is usually within a week to a month. Please contact us with enquiries or to book an appointment.
|Emma is our friendly front desk staff who can make your appointment and answer most enquiries concerning our services.Please contact Emma to arrange an appointment with Dr Gillespie or Ange.|